Monday, November 17, 2014

Observation 4

Week 4:  This week i noticed in my micro aquarium had a significant less amount of organisms.  During week 1 I recored a Dero a worm like organisms that separates into smaller Dero's.  This week I saw many deros that had been made from the original.  Another thing I noticed that there was fewer organisms near the bottom of the tank, but much more near the top.  Also on the bottom I noticed caucuses of dead organisms.  The amount of cyanobacteira that was living week 1 can significantly increased to week 4.  Other organisms that I noticed from other weeks are rotifers, diatoms, seed shrimp, vorticella, and nematodes.


Anisonema sp. (Patterson, 1996) This was a quick moving, shy, organisms.  I think it may have been scared of the light  because when the light from the microscope would get close to Anisonema it would move fast and hard to capture it in a picture. It moves by two flagella, the front is shorter than the one in the back.  The two flagella is what make this organism unique.  This is a multi-cellular organism and chlorophyll green.  I saw this in the middle of the tank swimming.  This was the only one that I saw of Anisonema.   




Bibliography

Patterson D.J. 1996.  Free-Living Freshwater Protozoa. 1st edu.  Manson Publishing. 54p. 














No comments:

Post a Comment